FLORENCE STRING QUARTET CALL FOR SCORES
III Edition – Deadline March 31 2016
Award ceremony and public performance
Teatro di Cestello – Florence, May 8 2016
€ 1.000,00 Scholarship – Publication
by Editor Sconfinarte and CD recording
by XXI Century Archives, Milan
1. The call for scores is open to all composers, without nationality or age limit.
2. The scores must be written for string quartet (2 violins, viola, cello) and must have a duration between 7 and 20 minutes.
3. The scores must be unpublished until the day of the concert. The composers can send scores which have been already performed before the date of the concert.
4. Each participant can send a maximum of 5 scores. The registration fee is €50,00 for the first score and €25,00 for each of the others. The fee can be paid by international bank transfer to the following account:
Bank: BCC di Vignole, IBAN IT82 Z089 2221 5030 0000 0704 948
Account name: Associazione Artes, SWIFT ICRA IT RR PM0 (zero)
Or through Paypal (in this case with a commission of 5%):
5. An international jury will select 3 scores to be performed during the concert of May 8 at 20.00 pm at Teatro di Cestello in piazza del Cestello, 4 – Florence by Ascanio Quartet at 8.00 pm. The concert will be professionally recorded and published by XXI Century Archives. The 3 selected scores will be published by Sconfinarte editions. The jury can assign one or more grants (not exceding the total amount of € 1000,00) to the composers considered worthy.
6. The selected composers will be recommended to International Concert Institutions such as: Budapest Symphony Orchestra MAV, Artes National Orchestra, New MADE Ensemble Milan, BIOS Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra of Salonicco.
7. The international jury is composed by:
M° Andrea Portera (Italy), composer, President of the jury
M° Luca Ceretta (Italy), editor
M° Kee Yong Chong (Malaysia), composer
M° David Philip Hefti (Switzerland), composer and conductor
M° Rossella Spinosa (Italy), composer
8. The scores must be anonymous, without any identity sign; the composer has to mark them with a code-word, which will allow him to be recognised.
9. The scores must be sent by e-mail in pdf or jpg format, following this procedure:
– the participants will send the scores to email@example.com, object “STRING QUARTET 2016”, attaching them in PDF format (max 24 mb) together with the payment’s receipt of the registration fee. The PDF files must be named with the same code-word marked in the scores. As body of the e-mail the participant will indicate name, surname, code-word, title and duration of the scores, contacts (address, mobile, …).
The organisation will guarantee the anonymity of the partecipants.
10. The email must be received by March 31 2016 at 24 GMT.
11. “Florence String Quartet Call For Scores” is based on the direct comparison between composers and audience, so the participation of the selected composers to the concert is highly recommended. In that case, the organization will not reimburse any expenses for travel and staying.
12. The decisions of the jury are not open to appeal. The organising committee can modify the call for scores’s notice, although not substantially, in case of occurrences beyond its control. In this case the change will be quickly notified on the call for scores’s website. For any legal action the competent forum is Prato’s.