FLORENCE STRING QUARTET INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR SCORES – www.callforscores.com
We announce the IV edition of “FLORENCE STRING QUARTET CALL FOR SCORES”, an event promoted by Associazione Artes in cooperation with Studiomusica Hungary Interational Artists Agency.
The event wants to offer to international composers an opportunity to compare themselves and to meet composers with different background and aesthetics. The final aim of the call for scores is to promote the knowledge and the diffusion of today’s music through the performance and the publication of the selected scores.
- The Call for Scores is structured in two stages: ELIMINATORY and FINAL
An international jury composed by
M° Andrea Portera (Italy);
M° Xiao Hu (China);
M° Rita Ueda (Canada);
M° Andreas Lucas Beraldo (Switzerland);
will choose n° 4 (four) scores that will be performed in the final stage of the call for scores in a public performance;
- FINAL STAGE: the final phase will consist in a public concert that will be held on Saturday September 22 2018 in the Teatro di Cestello in Florence;
The four selected scores will be published by Impronta Edition Mannheim;
The concert will be recorded and published by Centro di Musica Contemporanea Milan in “XXI Century Archives” series.
The jury of the final stage is composed by:
M° Marco Tutino (Italy, President of the jury);
M° Péter Mező (Accord Quartet, Hungary);
M° Massimo Polidori (Quartetto d’archi della Scala, Italy)
M° Andrea Portera (Scuola di Musica di Fiesole, Italy);
M° Jan Miłosz Zarzycki (Witold Lutoslawsky Chamber Philarmonic, Poland);
The jury will assign the following prizes:
- Performance of one piece (new commission or already existing piece) during the next season of Witold Lutosławski Chamber Philharmonic in Łomża (Poland);
- Performance of one piece (new commission or already existing piece) during the next season of La Scala Quartet (Milan);
- Performance of one piece (new commission or already existing piece) during the next season of Accord Quartett (Budapest);
- The call for score is opened to all composers, without nationality or age limitations;
- The scores must be written for string quartet (2 violins, viola, cello) and must have a duration between 5 and 15 minutes;
- The scores must be unpublished until the day of the concert. The pieces can nonetheless have been performed before if not published;
- Each participant can send at most 3 scores. The application fee is €75,00 for the first score and €25,00 for each of the others;
- The scores must be anonymous, without any identity sign, but they will be marked with a “motto”, that will allow to identify the composer;
The scores must be sent by e-mail to the address: email@example.com, object “STRING QUARTET 2018”, attaching scores in PDF or JPG format (max 10 mb). The files must be named with the same motto marked in the scores. As body of the e-mail the participant will indicate name, surname, motto, title and duration of the scores, contacts (address, mobile, …). The organization will guarantee the anonymity of participants;
The payment can be sent through Bank Transfer or Paypal (in this case plus 5% commission fee).
IBAN: IT82 Z089 2221 5030 0000 0704 948 – SWIFT: ICRA IT RR PM0 (zero) of Associazione Artes. Please be aware that the bank expenses are to be charged to the payer.
- Along with the score, in the same email, the participants must send the receipt of the payment of the application fee along with the filled and signed application form (downloadable here);
- The material must be received within August 15 2018 at Midnight (24.00) GMT;
- “Florence String Quartet Call for Scores” is based on the direct comparison between composers and audience and so the participation of the selected composers to the concert is highly recommended. For this reason the organization offers one scholarship of €1000 in total to be used as a contribution to the travel and accommodation expenses of the composers that will be present in person;
- The decisions of the jury are not open to appeal;
- The organization reserves the right to change the rules of the competition in case of force majeure;
- The participation to the competition implies the full acceptance of the present rules. For any legal action the Italian text of the announcement must be considered. The forum in charge is Prato’s (Italy).